May 25 - (5 Min Read)
Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) blog post series. Here you will find, customer questions and technical questions.
If you have a particular question that isn’t answered here, please contact us and we’ll be more than happy to assist you 🙂
1. What is Ellp?
Think of Ellp as a digital butler – a personal device helper that gets PC tasks done for you. A butler whose main aim is to automate your PC in a simple, personalized and customizable way. You know all those boring PC tasks that you usually have to do yourself, such as removing duplicate files, organizing your Downloads folder, saving your tagged Facebook photos, securing your privacy, and freeing up disk space? Well, Ellp can take care of these tasks for you and so much more – so you can focus on what really matters most!
2. What’s the story behind Ellp?
We are a bunch of tech enthusiasts who share the same passions: inspiring landscapes, delicious food and quality time with people we care about. In today’s day and age, these simple things that matter to us the most, are often the ones we don’t have time for. From your child’s first steps, to the most delicious meal your grandma cooked, to sharing the romantic sunset with your partner – we all tend to miss out on these on a daily basis. Always busy, always doing something in front of a screen. Ellp was developed to change just that!
3. Where can I download Ellp from?
You can download Ellp from the Ellp homepage.
4. How much do I have to pay to use Ellp?
This is the best part yet – it’s completely FREE.
5. How does Ellp work?
- What are Ellp Cards?
Ellp cards are the heart and soul of the whole automation concept. Each card helps you carry out a different task, covering four categories – productivity, performance, security, and entertainment. The card itself is based on a trigger and action approach. What’s that you might ask? Let’s take an Ellp card example, ‘When I spend too much time on Facebook, ping me’ – the trigger in this example is the fact that you’re spending a lot of time mindlessly scrolling on Facebook, while the action is Ellp pinging you back to reality, so you can get back to work and be more productive. For more detailed information click here.
- How do I activate a card? / How can I start automating PC tasks?
You can flip through and select your preferred Ellp cards with ease.
- Choose the cards that matter most to you
- Edit them to your liking with Ellp’s simple editor
- Switch the activation toggle on
- How do I view my activated cards?
We’re constantly going through your feedback and this was one of your top suggestions! You can now access your currently activated cards by simply going to the navigation menu and selecting the ‘My Cards’ tab.
- How do I create and customize my own cards?
For the time being, you can’t create your own Ellp cards as they are predefined, but you can still optimize certain cards to your preferences in order to make the best and effective use of them. For example, you can choose your preferred time when to receive a weather update.
Don’t worry, creating custom cards is on our minds too and we will introduce the concept in a way in the future. First, we would like to understand the type of cards our users find more useful. Then, we will keep adding more customization options to them.
6. How do I update my username and email address?
- Open Ellp
- From the right-hand corner click the ‘Settings’ icon and then a “My Details’ panel will pop up
- Enter the username and email address you’d like to use and click ‘Apply’
7. Which devices are compatible with Ellp?
Ellp is available on Windows laptops and desktop PCs.
8. Which operating systems are compatible with Ellp?
Ellp is currently available on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
9. Do you have an app for Ellp?
Not at the moment. Ellp is available for Windows PC users.
10. In what languages is Ellp available?
For the time being, Ellp is available in English, but other languages will be added in the future.
11. How can I share Ellp with my friends?
We want Ellp to flourish but we need your help in order to be able to do so 🙂 You can spread the word by sharing Ellp with your friends and family, via our social media sharing facility within the product itself, with just one simple click. We’re forever grateful for your constant support!
12. How do I unsubscribe from Ellp’s email communication?
We might send an email or two your way, mostly to fill you in about Ellp’s latest updates. We want to make sure that we provide you with the best Ellp experience, so whenever something new and exciting happens, you’ll be the first to know! However, you can still choose whether to receive this communication or not.
- Sign in to your email
- Select one of the received Ellp email communication
- Click ‘Unsubscribe’ at the top right-hand corner or in the footer of the received email
13. Have an idea for an Ellp card or would like to ask us a particular question?
We’d love to hear from you and we’d be more than happy to help. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com