July 27 - (8 Min Read)
As Ellp continues to evolve, so do your questions and therefore we’ve moved way past the easy questions. Therefore, in our second blog from the Ellp FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) series, we tackle more technical questions.
If you have a particular question that isn’t answered here, we encourage you to contact us and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.
1. Why is Ellp free?
The truth is that we will keep Ellp free as long as we manage to sustain it. Our long-term vision is to keep Ellp available to everyone at no cost, asking a premium for some features.
2. How does the Ellp updates system work?
- How often is Ellp updated?
Ellp is a fast-growing product, and new features are added almost on a weekly basis. Every month we then collect these changes and provide a product update so that all our current users can easily get the new stuff. So stay tuned!
- How do I get the Ellp updates?
You will receive an email from us at Ellp, informing you that there is a new update available.
3. I tend to miss my notifications. Are you going to fix this?
This is a question that we receive very often. From the Product Team perspective, it was just a tip of the iceberg though. This is why we decided to change the whole notification system! In fact, we released a brand new, much more intelligent and user-friendly notification system with the July update!
Currently, there are three types of notifications, colour-coded per category, that also vary in size, to clearly portray the different urgency levels of the notifications. This way, your brain doesn’t dismiss them as something familiar and you get to see them when they pop up.
4. The Ellp app is crashing on my PC
If you’re having issues, please contact us with a clear description of the issue and by answering the following questions:
- Are you using a laptop or a desktop PC?
- What Windows version (7/ 8.1/ 10/ etc.) are you using?
- Does this issue happen when using a particular card, or when using Ellp in general?
- When Ellp crashes, what error message are you seeing? (Provide us with a screenshot of the error message if possible)
5. Will you be implementing voice recognition within Ellp?
So many of you have grown accustomed to the idea of having their own Jarvis to help them out with their daily routine. Indeed that would be cool 🙂 Ellp is still in Beta, however, we promise you that we will evaluate the options and see whether this is something that Ellp would be able to do in the future.
6. How can I create custom cards?
Creating custom cards is a concept we would introduce in a way in the future. First, we would like to understand the type of cards you find more useful. Then we will keep on adding more customization options to them.
So if you have any ideas of the cards you’d like to see next or simply have optimization ideas for the cards that already exist within Ellp, please do let us know.
7. How do I edit a card?
There are some cards, which do not have customizations. For those that have, you can edit an Ellp card by clicking on the card itself.
- Locate and open card within its category – Productivity/ Performance/ Security/ Entertainment
- When you are on the card, you can notice the first line of text contains certain words that are underlined – this means that you can click on them and edit according to your preferences. For example, if you select the ‘When it’s time, turn off my PC’, both the fields that read the time and ‘shutdown’ are clickable and can be edited according to your preference.
8. My Ellp cards aren’t running as expected
- If the card is optimized according to your preferences, double-check that the trigger and action fields within the card have been edited.
- Verify that the card is activated (activation toggle turns from yellow to teal when activated)
- If you still need help, please contact us, we’d be more than happy to help 🙃 We’re committed to helping you within 1-2 business days.
9. I’m having trouble getting the headphones services to work properly
All the headphones related Ellp cards under the ‘Entertainment’ category only work with USB headphones. It could be you are using headphones which are connected to the PC using the traditional audio jack, and therefore, this might be the reason why the headphones services are not working for you.
10. Do you offer phone support?
We don’t currently offer phone support, but we’d be more than happy to help you via email. So give it a shot!
Don’t see the card you are looking for? We love to create the Ellp cards you want to use, so if you have an idea we’d love to hear from you. So feel free to contact us at email@example.com.